Sunday, December 12, 2010

Running 2010

During the year we did a few races other than Grandma's Half Marathon. The craziest of these was when Dana and I ran the Half-Voyaguer from Duluth to Carlton. This is actually a full marathon, but is called the half because a full Voyaguer is 50 miles! Not sure that I'm ready for that one....Anyway, Dana and I ran through the woods, over old railroad bridges, across streams, in muddy horse trails, fields full of rocks, and other fun stuff for 8 hours. We only had to change our socks once along the way - after the muddy horse trails. We finished and we weren't last! It is one of those things you wonder why you are doing it when you do it, but are happy to have done it. You burn so many calories as you go on the trail that they have cookies and pop and whatever other food you wouldn't think of eating at the aide stations. Vanilla cookies and rootbeer were awesome! At the end its lots of pop and salt to get yourself back to normal.



Here are Dana and I finishing with the assitance of Rylyn.














Other races were did were a few 5Ks, one in Ulen and a couple up here. We are looking for some more races for next year.
Here is a picture from Ulen.

1 comment:

The Rudstroms said...

You're amazing! I would pretty much rather do anything besides run so I am in awe of your accomplishments. Keep it up. I also think it's a pretty cool way to spend time with your sister.

Glad to hear of your New Year's resolution.

Merry Christmas Coopers!

~AnnMarie