Saturday, November 29, 2008

Cooking conundrum

People frequently tell my parents what delicious food they prepare at our home. They politely thank them and say, “It is a lot of work, but we don’t mind cooking.” Well, I have heard this too many times – The truth must come out! I, Rosco Cooper, do all the cooking in our home…there, I’ve said it and I feel much better. And just to prove that I am the true chef of the family I will be giving out my delicious recipes starting with the delicious salmon recipe below….But, let’s just keep the cooking secret between us, okay?

Puff Pastry Salmon

Ingredients
17 oz/2 packages of puff pastry, thawed
8 salmon fillets (6 oz. each), skin removed
1 egg
1 tbsp water
2 cups shredded cucumber
1 cup/8 oz. sour cream
1cup mayo
1 tsp dill weed
½ tsp salt

Lightly flour the pastry sheets.
Put the salmon in the center of the pastry sheet and fold over the two outside sheets. Pinch the edges of the pastry sheets.
Make egg wash with egg and water. Lightly brush egg wash over the top of the pastry/salmon bundles.
Put on greased pan and bake for 25-30 minutes at 400 degrees.
In a small bowl mix cucumber, sour cream, mayo, dill and salt. Chill and then serve as a dip with salmon puffs.

No comments: